Do I have to sign a waiver?
Yes, an electronic version of the waiver is required to be read and agreed to prior to your payment. The paper format will be required as well in person. In order to minimize contact, guests are asked to print, read and sign a copy of release of liability and waiver and a Declaration of Health and Exposure-COVID-19 form and bring it with them.
What about the Covid-19 regulations?
Skala Adventures guides take the COVID-19 seriously. Your and our staff safety is our biggest commitment!
What to expect on your next adventure with Skala Adventures:
- Everyone will be expected to drive themselves to the trailhead except for those from the same household “cohort”
- Please bring your personal hand sanitizer, the group sanitizer will also be provided during group gatherings (meals, etc.)
- Please do not handle other participants’ gear
- Sharing of food and beverages cannot be shared amongst participants (unless from the same household)
- 2m distancing must be respected while hiking; if the distancing cannot be maintained, masks are recommended
- Group sizes have been limited to improve group safety
- Only persons from the same household or “bubble” will share tents
- Pre-trip meetings have been modified to an online platform. Participants will receive an email with a zoom link a few days in advance
- Only the guides will perform the meal preparation, cooking and clean up duties
- All group gear is bleached and washed with warm soapy water prior to use
Staff and Guest Screening
- All staff must sign a Declaration of Health and Exposure form prior to working during the programs
- At the time of registration all guests must fill out a health screening questionnaire and travel history
- Guests are screened again during the zoom meeting during the pre-trip meeting a few days before the trip
- All guides are screened for health and travel history prior to their trip / pre-trip preparation
What do I pack?
We got your back! 😉 Here is a Summer Gear List
for your next backpacking adventure!
If you don’t have a particular item, feel free to let us know and we are happy to get you covered. There are also local rental shops ready to rent adventure-ready items. Feel free to check out Snowtips Backtrax.
Remember, cell phones are not always reliable in the backcountry, but feel free to note these contacts.